Mat Osmond's Discussions (98)

Discussions Replied To (32) Replies Latest Activity

"Lovely and helpful reflection - thank you. Whether this is a right idea or a wrong…"

Mat Osmond replied Oct 29, 2017 to THE WRONG IDEA ABOUT THE RIGHT IDEA

5 Nov 4, 2017
Reply by Marianne Jacuzzi

"He actually said 'it felt like one long sigh of relief, from beginning to end'."

Mat Osmond replied Sep 29, 2017 to GENTLE SPIRIT

13 Oct 19, 2017
Reply by David Brazier

"Thankyou. One of the many letters here that read as one sigh of relief. (The phrase…"

Mat Osmond replied Sep 29, 2017 to GENTLE SPIRIT

13 Oct 19, 2017
Reply by David Brazier

"Being around others' births, and dying, has been just like that for me, as a witness…"

Mat Osmond replied Jul 24, 2017 to TRUE RELIGION IS SIMPLE FAITH

9 Jul 26, 2017
Reply by Annetta de Quaasteniet

"Thank you Dharmavydia, a beautiful addition to this unfurling commentary.  Am gratef…"

Mat Osmond replied Jul 23, 2017 to TRUE RELIGION IS SIMPLE FAITH

9 Jul 26, 2017
Reply by Annetta de Quaasteniet

"Beautiful, clear reflection on one of my favourite lines in the Summary, especially…"

Mat Osmond replied Jun 17, 2017 to SLAVES TO APPEARANCE

3 Jun 17, 2017
Reply by Mat Osmond

"Beautiful, thank you - the latter passage especially speaks of nembutsu in a way tha…"

Mat Osmond replied Jun 6, 2017 to RECEIVING THE SEED OF BUDDHAHOOD

4 Jun 30, 2017
Reply by Vajrapala Lut Moerman

"Wonderful. Thank you. As someone familiar with the treacling (I like that) life habi…"

Mat Osmond replied Apr 10, 2017 to COMPLETE ASSURANCE

4 Apr 10, 2017
Reply by David Brazier

"'aliveness is probably a better goal than happiness because aliveness encompasses th…"

Mat Osmond replied Apr 8, 2017 to HAPPINESS & EMPTINESS

4 Apr 9, 2017
Reply by David Brazier

"I loved this take on emptiness, have been coming to it in my mind the past two days.…"

Mat Osmond replied Apr 8, 2017 to HAPPINESS & EMPTINESS

4 Apr 9, 2017
Reply by David Brazier

RSS

ITZI Conference 2017

Blog Posts

Shinran and Ippen

Posted by Dayamay Dunsby on April 16, 2018 at 8:00 0 Comments

On Saturday evening our regular study group met on Skype where we looked at and discussed material from "No Abode", a beautiful book about the life of Ippen, ancient Japanese Purland master and "The Essential Shinran" which documents the life of Shinran Shonin, one of Honen's most famous disciples. We had a very stimulating discussion which I enjoyed greatly. We will be meeting again on Saturday 19th May at 9pm British time. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to join us.…

Continue

Buddhism Day

Posted by Andrew Ralph Cheffings on March 28, 2018 at 15:46 1 Comment

I wasn't getting as much done as I intended to or 'needed' to in my previous mode of moving between lots of different activities, so I decided to devote one day a week to a particular activity, and this week I'm doing a Buddhism day. I've finally managed to get started on Vow 22, then I did some online research and catching up with mostly Buddhist emails, then I wrote a dharma talk. I plan to do a service run-through later. It's certainly easier for me to get things done this way. Namo Amida…

Continue

REMEMBERING SAIKO SENSEI

Posted by David Brazier on March 19, 2018 at 21:43 1 Comment

Today is the fourteenth anniversary of the death of Gisho Saiko. Sensei Saiko was the founder of Shinshu Counselling. He wrote a number of books and presented his ideas at international conferences as well as through his university and Buddhist organisations in Japan. He referred to my work in his books and when I visited Japan a few months before his death, he took on to invite me to a number of gatherings and hosted my wife and I in royal fashion. He was enthusiastic that I should play a…

Continue

Bombu Magic.

Posted by Dayamay Dunsby on March 14, 2018 at 10:31 0 Comments

''The lotus does not grow in the solid ground of lofty plateaus, but in the muddy ponds of lowland marshes. This is an analogy meaning that foolish beings, while in the mud of blind passions, put forth the blossoms of the Buddha's perfect enlightenment; This indicates the inconceivable power of the Tathagata's universal Primal Vow.''

From ''The Essential Shinran.''

© 2018   Created by David Brazier.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service