David Brazier's Discussions (1,838)

Discussions Replied To (193) Replies Latest Activity

"I see things in a more historical perspective. The English people (because much of t…"

David Brazier replied May 29 to NOTES ON BRITISH POLITICAL PARTIES

3 Jun 2
Reply by Dayamay Dunsby

"Yes, Buddhism - and real spirituality generally - begins with realistic confrontatio…"

David Brazier replied Feb 25 to SOME PESSIMISTIC THOUGHTS

2 Feb 25
Reply by David Brazier

"Yes, I think we are on the same page. Thanks, Robert."

David Brazier replied Jan 26 to REFLECTIONS ON OUR INABILITY TO CHANGE

2 Jan 26
Reply by David Brazier

"Indeed."

David Brazier replied Jan 11 to TRICK OR TRUMP

2 Jan 11
Reply by David Brazier

"Thank you, both. Happy Christmas."

David Brazier replied Dec 25, 2018 to PROPHESY

4 Dec 26, 2018
Reply by Mat Osmond

"BBC: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-46654064 US stocks suffer worst week in a dec…"

David Brazier replied Dec 22, 2018 to TROUBLE COMING: USA TODAY, EVERYWHERE ELSE TOMORROW

4 Dec 22, 2018
Reply by David Brazier

"If USA does withdraw, another corollary is that it will add weight to those who favo…"

David Brazier replied Dec 22, 2018 to AMERICA WITHDRAWS

2 Dec 22, 2018
Reply by David Brazier

"Of course, many previous presidents have said that the USA will withdraw and it has…"

David Brazier replied Dec 22, 2018 to AMERICA WITHDRAWS

2 Dec 22, 2018
Reply by David Brazier

"Thank you both for the comments. Yes, we are all struggling to understand what is go…"

David Brazier replied Oct 9, 2018 to TROUBLE COMING: USA TODAY, EVERYWHERE ELSE TOMORROW

4 Dec 22, 2018
Reply by David Brazier

"Yes, although the amount of war in the world has diminished somewhat in the 21st cen…"

David Brazier replied Jul 17, 2018 to WILL EU DEFY US ON IRAN?

2 Jul 17, 2018
Reply by David Brazier

RSS

ITZI Conference 2019

Subscribe to ITZI Conference Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Posts

MY MEDICAL CONDITION

Posted by David Brazier on June 26, 2019 at 18:04 6 Comments

My medical condition continues to be a mystery. It is clear that I do not have any of the big nasty things - brain tumour, cracked skull, stroke, etc - as these have been ruled out by MRI investigation. Nonetheless I continue to have persistent, continuous head pain that varies in intensity and I become exhausted by the least effort so that I am functioning like an invalid incapable of doing very much. There is always a possibility that the whole syndrome is a…

Continue

Grace.

Posted by Dayamay Dunsby on June 2, 2019 at 1:02 4 Comments

“Do we know what it means to be struck by grace? It does not mean that we suddenly believe that God exists, or that Jesus is the saviour, or that the Bible contains the truth. Grace strikes us when we are in great pain and restlessness. It strikes us when we walk through the dark Valley of a meaningless and empty life. It strikes us when we feel that our separation is deeper than usual, because we have violated another life, a life which we loved, or from which we were estranged. It strikes us… Continue

Sit

Posted by Geeta Chari on April 26, 2019 at 22:13 3 Comments

This is a short video of a Buddhist monk and his family. 

It raised questions on parenting and Buddhism - does detachment (or perhaps quietism), as practiced here, lead to demotivation and disengagement with the world around one?

His children find the detachment practised by the monk disquieting. They appreciate the irony of detachment, which is supposed to…

Continue

Zero Limits

Posted by Dayamay Dunsby on April 20, 2019 at 14:13 0 Comments

I have recently been made aware of a practice known as Ho’ponopono. Ho’ponopono is an ancient Hawaiian healing practice, based on universal forgiveness, that was rediscovered and popularised in the 80s. A man called Joe Vitale(Hawaiian I think)  became enchanted by the practice after his daughter was healed from an…

Continue

© 2019   Created by David Brazier.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service