MONDAY 8 Feb; Writing from Father and Son

This morning I was able to have a talk with the doctor from which I was able to ascertain that he thinks it will be six months before my lungs are completely clear of blood clots. During that time they will keep me on blood thinners. He says that I can go home on Wednesday and the local doctor will take over the job of balancing my medication. At the moment I am getting warfarin every evening and injections of another thinner morning and evening. When I go home it will be one injection per day. They take blood regularly to check the balance between these drugs and would like to get me completely onto warfarin if they can, but the results so far are not good enough for this. It would certainly be good for me to get off the injections. The warfarin being oral this would give me more independence. The injections also have some side effects. The pain in my hip is gradually diminishing and I am walking with just one crutch now and can do very short distances without. So I am making progress.

It has been wonderful to see my children who have come from England to see me. Together with Adam and Elja, we have sat in the hospital together chatting about all manner of things. I am in generally good spirits and their coming has been an extra boost – just what one needs. I am now a reader of the Daily which they bring in for me to see as I have no internet here in hospital. I enjoyed seeing the entry for yesterday and all the work they have done together reorganising the house for when I get home. Outside my hospital window the weather is deteriorating and I watch the stormy wind rising and bending the pine tree as the rain whips into the window pane.

Mike

We have travelled down from the UK to see dad and hopefully cheer him up, in the short time we have been here he has made clear progress and is coming out in a couple of days which is great news. We have reorganised the house so Dad doesn't have to go upstairs, moving the beds around etc. Today Emma and Adam moved five cubes of wood into the shed and myself and Emma cooked a curry for dinner. Tomorrow we head back to the UK via Eurostar. Its been great to spend time here again and see Elja and Adam. We hope to return in the summer.  

You need to be a member of David Brazier at La Ville au Roi (Eleusis) to add comments!

Join David Brazier at La Ville au Roi (Eleusis)

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• We did Annette! :-) x
    Tamuly Annette said:

Welcome back home, David! I was glad to meet Emma and Mike and to hear that they might come back again with their families i n summer. A family reunion under the wallnut tree! Somethng nice to look forward to. Before you check out of the hospital, you may be asked to give the name of a local doctor. Just in case, you may mention that you were in touch with Dr; Elisabeth Guesdon at the "Maison de la Santé" in Sancoins.

• Nos alegramos mucho de tu mejoria David. Te tenemos en nuestros pensamientos y en nuestros mantras. Aprovecharemos para hacerte una visita mas adelante. Besos. Te queremos

• Welcome back home, David! I was glad to meet Emma and Mike and to hear that they might come back again with their families i n summer. A family reunion under the wallnut tree! Somethng nice to look forward to. Before you check out of the hospital, you may be asked to give the name of a local doctor. Just in case, you may mention that you were in touch with Dr; Elisabeth Guesdon at the "Maison de la Santé" in Sancoins.

• Yay!! This all sounds so much better. So much help too! Most relieved that things are improving. Hopefully Dharmavidya will soon be on warfarin alone and life will become much simpler. Much love, carol
  • That's great to read. And I love the pictures. I don't think Eleusis has ever had that much wood in one go. And huge logs as well. Have a safe trip back Mike and Emma. It's a shame we won't see you there this time round. We're not sure exactly when we'll get over...but it might be just after Dharmavidya is out of hospital. Maybe Thursday, maybe Friday...we're just waiting for Dorian's health card now.
This reply was deleted.