WHAT TO DO WITH A PUMPKIN

I have an increasing number of pumpkins in my garden - more than I or my guests shall be able to eat. So this evening...

- Cut the pumpkin into crescents - two per person, or three if narrow
- In a mixing bowl put olive oil, a raw egg, a generous amount of herbe de province, salt and pepper to taste and whip with a fork.
- Dip the crescents in the mixture and put them into a baking tray. Any of the mixture that is left over spoon over the pumpkin.
- Put into a pre-heated oven at 180-200C and cook for 25 minutes

- Chop an onion and two dried figs, put in a wok with a little olive oil and fry stirring frequently. Add a handful of sultanas and grate in some ginger
- When the basic mix has fried for five minutes or so, add several finely chopped tomatoes and tomato puree, plus rosemary and plenty of basil. Cook for at least ten minutes stirring from time to time. You might have to add a small amount of water to prevent it burning on the bottom.

- Take the pumpkin crescents out of the oven and put into a serving tray. Scrape out any of the egg mix stuck to the cooking tray and scatter on the pumpkin. Pour the wok mixture over the top. Serve hot.

You need to be a member of David Brazier at La Ville au Roi (Eleusis) to add comments!

Join David Brazier at La Ville au Roi (Eleusis)

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.