CREATING LOCAL ITZI GROUPS

I just want to say that if you can get together three or more people to start a local ITZI group anywhere in the world, I am happy to offer what I can via skype, Facebook or e-mail to support it.

Such groups can, amongst other things

- discuss Dharma-Psychology and Dharma-Therapy issue

- act as peer supervision for practising therapists

- study my books, ( Zen Therapy, the Feeling Buddha, etc ) and other Buddhist psychology writers

- write papers for each other to discuss or take turns to present an idea or issue to the group

You can add a period of Buddhist practice, meditation or chanting, if you like, but not essential.

Such groups should not be based on just one school of Buddhism or just one school of psychology or healing, so different members can add to the richness.

If a group prospers, then at some point I or one of the other centrally involved ITZI people might visit, depending on distance, viability etc. I generally go where I am invited if at all possible.

Generally groups need somebody to take the initiative to reach out to and gather others, somebody to at least do some minimal organising, make sure people gets dates and times, etc, and somebody to say, "Welcome everybody, this evening we have planned to.... Are there any other proposals in addition?..." and make the tea. This could be one individual, or a rota, or a team.

If you organise something like this, I'd like to hear about it.

Best wishes

David

You need to be a member of David Brazier at La Ville au Roi (Eleusis) to add comments!

Join David Brazier at La Ville au Roi (Eleusis)

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think this is a great idea and will further reflect about the possibilities. Thank you for this opportunity and the offer of your participation David. I'm particularly interested in Dharma Psychology and Dharma Therapy although I know how most subjects can integrate together. I believe a supportive group, sharing experience, articles and future possibilities Is a community aspect much needed in the world today. Maybe we can start by being more involved with the existing ITZI group in order to form other local or online support groups connected with it? What do others think?

• You can certainly use any of the materials from this site, and there is a great deal to be said for people actually meeting physically when possible and discussing and doing things together.

• I think this is a great idea and will further reflect about the possibilities. Thank you for this opportunity and the offer of your  participation David. I'm particularly interested in Dharma Psychology and Dharma Therapy although I know how most subjects can integrate together. I believe a supportive group, sharing experience, articles and future possibilities Is a community aspect much needed in the world today. I guess this is already offered on this site with so many interesting subjects to choose from? Maybe we can start by being more involved with the existing ITZI group or form a sub group connected with it? What do others think?

• It would certainly be nice to have a group in Surrey.

• Dear David, I am happy to start such a group in Sutton at my home. If anyone lives nearby they are welcome to get in touch. Geeta

This reply was deleted.