Replies

• The basic dimensions of the barn:

The inside measurement is 12m x 8m

The two side areas are 4m20 x 8m and the central area is 3m20 x 8m

• Thanks for your comments, Karin. I think that there probably is room for three small en suite bedrooms upstairs but these will not arrive for some time yet. The order of development is probably something like the following:

1. erect a wooden building to which most of the workshop type items in the barn can be transferred

2. basic structural work on the ground floor - pointing, removing redundant farm machinery and feeding troughs etc

3. line the roof - big job for which we will need to hire a builder, I think

4. put in floors at first floor level - carpenter needed

5. lime the walls throughout - low skill job but takes time

6. develop the bathroom area - several sub-stages to this as it involves
    a) new doorways and conversion of existing entrance to window
    b) extensive plumbing
    c) electric wiring
    d) internal walls
    e) fitting out with showers etc

7. the kitchen

8. then we can think about the up-stairs 

This is probably several years work, but if we have a vision and take it step by step I'm sure we shall achieve it or something like.

• Ps 3 bedrooms en suite upstairs, is there enough room?

David Brazier said:

I'm afraid that we do not have measurements at the moment, but the drawing below gives one possible way forward.

9108758261?profile=original

• Loving it, especially the idea of a Japanese bath :-)

David Brazier said:

Here is a revised scheme for the possible redevelopment of the ground floor of the barn

• On the drawing,

blue = existing doors (that could become windows)

red = proposed new doorways

• Here is a revised scheme for the possible redevelopment of the ground floor of the barn

Plan 2.pdf

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/9108758681?profile=original
  • I'm afraid that we do not have measurements at the moment, but the drawing below gives one possible way forward.

9108758261?profile=original

• Hi David!

I see you already did upload a plan. looks nice. I think the first step would indeed be to point out functions to the areas / sections, as you propose.

ver curious to learn more!

• Here is a possible step by step approach...

9108757865?profile=original

This reply was deleted.