THURSDAY 26 May ~ A new adventure

Finally I have had my operation, but once again life is full of suprises. Because I have had operations twice as a young child the anathomy of my hip has changed. This was not apparent on the x-ray, so the surgeons where surprised during their operation. They lost orientation and sawed the bone in the wrong place. They then had to saw it again in the right place and then had to repair the piece that they had sawn by mistake.

I have my new prothesis, but I have to recover also from the fracture now too. I lost a lot of blood during the operation as it took much longer now than planned. This has made me quite weak until now. So today they decided to give me some extra blood. I will probably feel much better tomorrow because of this.

I sleep a lot. And everyone in the hospital is very kind for me. Everybody seems to know that I am a Buddhist and living in France and some of the nurses are very curious and again it makes for quite a lot of interesting conversations. One of the nurses is 'very' Christian, believing in quite an orthodox way. She really wanted to talk with me and when she had a moment of spare time or while she has to monitor me for a while because of giving me blood, she pops out her questions. She wants to know what Buddha was thinking about original sin... quite a heavy question... I told her that in Buddhism we don't talk about sin, but about bombu nature. We had quite a nice conversation about Christ and Buddha. I am still enjoying it so much that people want to talk with me about their own experience with religion.

After my period in hospital I expect to go to a care-hotel or rehabilitation centre. Someone in the hospital is working on this. I will find out in a couple of days where I am going. I receive quite a lot of visitors from family and friends, so I am really well taken care of.

You need to be a member of David Brazier at La Ville au Roi (Eleusis) to add comments!

Join David Brazier at La Ville au Roi (Eleusis)

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Glad to hear from you Elja and to see how you are managing to keep in good spirit despite all the complications. I hope you heal well and quickly much love and Namo Quan Shi Yin Bosat

• Really pleased that you are feeling better this morning :-)
  • Hello Annette, thanks for all the love. I am a bit stronger today thanks to the blood i received. I have just finished my first walk to the toilet with succes. (with a kind of crutches)  Nice to hear something from Lama Wangmo and Cedric too. Sent you and Patrick much love too. xx

Tamuly Annette said:

Dear Elja! Glad to hear from you and to see that although you have to face some unexpected problems, you take it with a very calml and peaceful spirit. This will definitely help you to recevoer promptly. Everyone here is thinking about you. Lama Wangmo and Cédric are also sending you their wishes. Patrick and myself visited them recently. Bon courage, Elja. Je t'embrasse très affectueusement!

• Thank you Nati. :-)

Nati said:

It is relief to hear these news from you. It seems things are progressing well despite that mistake. I am very glad for you, Elja. I wish you a good recovery!

Namo Amida Bu

• Yes break a leg.... You say that to some one to wish them luck do you? So thanks for all the luck you sent me :-D much love. x

josephine jones said:

Elja , so glad you are ok . I just worked out how to reply to these new look posts. Been thinking about you a lot and hoping you are doing well . What a thing to happen !! . Talk about break a leg (silly English joke). Take lots of rest and hope you will recover very soon.
    Lots love .
    Namo amida bu X
  • Dear Elja! Glad to hear from you and to see that although you have to face some unexpected problems, you take it with a very calml and peaceful spirit. This will definitely help you to recevoer promptly. Everyone here is thinking about you. Lama Wangmo and Cédric are also sending you their wishes. Patrick and myself visited them recently. Bon courage, Elja. Je t'embrasse très affectueusement!

• It is relief to hear these news from you. It seems things are progressing well despite that mistake. I am very glad for you, Elja. I wish you a good recovery!

Namo Amida Bu

• Elja , so glad you are ok . I just worked out how to reply to these new look posts. Been thinking about you a lot and hoping you are doing well . What a thing to happen !! . Talk about break a leg (silly English joke). Take lots of rest and hope you will recover very soon.
    Lots love .
    Namo amida bu X
This reply was deleted.