SUNDAY 7 Feb; Daily from Elja and Emma

At around 2am Emma and Mike arrived at Eleusis. We saw each other at breakfast. We left for the hospital and arrived around noon. We spent three hours together. David is doing better everyday! He is starting to feel bored, so that is a very good sign, and he is walking a little bit with one crutch instead of two.

We hope to hear tomorrow when he is coming home.

Teamwork

This afternoon we all worked together to make the house ready for Davids return. We prepared one of our guest rooms downstairs as a bed and living room. David can't go upstairs and his own 'library room' has no wood stove and so is still too cold to use, it would be impossible as a bedroom - no room for a bed only for books...

It was quite a project, moving the double bed downstairs and two single beds upstairs, finding the right tools to take them apart and getting all the parts through the small corridors and doors. Glad to have Mike and Adam here for all the heavy work.

Family

Emma cooked a wonderful meal. It was a kind of feast meal. Nice to be together, work together and eat together as a family. Of course I missed David during the meal. I hope he will be soon back at Eleusis. (And we have some nice leftovers from dinner we will bring to the hospital tomorrow for lunch. David is getting two omelettes a day for lunch and dinner. That is the only vegetarian meals they seems to know in hospital).

Emma and Dad

It was lovely to see Dad today, we hoped to make him smile and speed his recovery after his ordeal of the last few days and I think from the look on his face when we arrived we made some headway with that. We brought a few food supplies to the hospital which were well received as Dad has been eating a lot of eggs in hospital, today for lunch there was omelette with a side order of boiled eggs and a dessert that looked suspicioulsy like it could have been blancmange made of egg! Dad has been reading lots of books in hospital, no wifi and being somewhat immobile leave him having to put more time into one of his favourite passtimes – reading.... every cloud as they say....I noticed one of the books he has was his childhood copy of A.A. Milne's The World of Christopher Robin, a book that he had when he was a child and then read to us as children, it was lovely to see it again and the additional artwork that I had added as a child, Dad couldn't resist reading a little bit aloud – it took me right back. We left Dad in good spirits, not least from our jokes about his stockings, he's definitely on the mend and should hopefully be home soon.

You need to be a member of David Brazier at La Ville au Roi (Eleusis) to add comments!

Join David Brazier at La Ville au Roi (Eleusis)

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• AH, that's good news. Namo Amida Bu

• Ah, diet of eggs and more eggs - that's Mr. Strong favorite food -and my daughter's favourite Mr. Men, so she'll laugh when I tell her that. Great to see team Brazier at Eleusis. It sort of feels like you've come full circle on one level. Good to read that David might be going home soon.
This reply was deleted.