Replies

• The buds were just coming out when it began raining in earnest. It has been raining for days now. The trees seem in suspended animation. The ground plants are growing madly though as long as they have some drainage. Parts of the cities on both sides of the Ottawa river are flooding as are areas along the Rideau river and the Gatineau River.

Yesterday a master gardener friend of mine said she thought it was water from all the melting glaciers...
  • Cay - To lose so many vines - I wonder if the same has happened in France.

Jan - Nice to be reminded.

• Global warming, I guess. It happens the same in Spain: because of no rain and then frost, we hace lost about 70% of the vines.

• Yes - Fernando - our May trees have come through, but the walnuts have suffered very badly from the early spring followed by hard frost. Perhaps we get no nuts this year.

• Beatiful and inspiring: so pretty and so ephimeral. Thanks forma sharing

• Here, we had all the trees flowered, apple trees, plums trees, pear trees, quince tree and walnut trees sprouting, but there were 3 dawns of -4ºC and I'm afraid that everything has been spoiled ...

The weather is changing, we had very early spring in March /April and now all the flowers are burned :-(

• There must be at least thirty may trees in bloom on the site at the moment.

• Very lovely!!

NAB

This reply was deleted.